Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

My lx570 suspensions hesitates from time to time when going

Customer Question

my lx570 suspensions hesitates from time to time when going from low to normal and normal to high. lije it reaches the hieght then releases pressure and drops down and tries again until it gets it
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: had the car 4 weeks. no leaks on paving, ride has been good although sometimes can feel suspension shunt at low speeds
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: it is a 2008 lx570 sports luxury with 200000km
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: have had a look at hieght sensors, but not sure where they should be set
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. More often than not, the height sensors are the cause of this issue. Since they are exposed to the elements (dust/rain/snow/salt/road water), the sensors are very well known to fail due to intrusion of water and other road contaminants. If this vehicle was in my shop, I would be testing the accuracy of the height sensors; I would not be surprised to find that both sensors will need to be replaced.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply. Please do confirm that you have received my input. Thanks.