Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

It started a few days ago, when I use the remote to unlock

Customer Question

It started a few days ago, when I use the remote to unlock the driver door and all doors, when I open the driver door with the handle the alarm will turn on until I press the remote unlock button twice. The same thing happens even if I use the key to unlock the driver door or all doors. Another important thing is that is only does it 50% of the time. I even thought using one of my new keys, but the alarm will still come on periodically when opening the driver door.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 7 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. I believe I tried to reach you via phone twice but yiu were not available.

I believe that the detection switch inside the door latch mechanism is sticking or is otherwise defective. When you unlock the door, there is a micro-switch inside the latch/door lock solenoid that is moved by the operation of the unlock solenoid. If this switch is not moving, the alarm will go off. The switch operation is critical to break the alarm circuit when the solenoid is commanded to unlock. I would consider replacement of the driver side door lock solenoid assembly.