Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles
45790705

ABS and brake lights on. Brake fluid motor turns sometimes.

Customer Question

ABS and brake lights on. Brake fluid motor turns sometimes. If not turn, no brake.
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: ABS and brake lights with buzzing sound
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 1998 LX 470
JA: Are you fixing your LX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took it to the mechanic. He hit the pump motor (I think it is the pump), it works for two months. Now it doesn't work buy hitting the motor pump
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The mechanic said the ABS pump need to be charge.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

I agree with your mechanic usually when you tab on it and comes on The ABS pump/module will need replacement

the only thing i would add is unplug the abs pump connector and make sure there is no backed out pine making a poor connection intermittently , i would spray electric contact cleaner (u can buy from any local parts store) on the connector , plug back again and test drive see if that solves it .

did he hook it up on diagnostic scanner & retrieve any fault codes ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

if connector is good and no fault codes indicating any failed sensor then I would replace it

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician