Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles
45790705

My battery died and my battery is in the trunk So I cant

Customer Question

My battery died and my battery is in the trunk So I cant open my trunk
JA: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?
Customer: My trunk is locked due to the dead batttery
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 2010 hs250h
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My father came to give me a jump to find out we cant get to the battery
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: its doesnt turn on at all.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

you should have a keyfob that has a metal blade key you can pull out and you can open the trunk with it

there is a jumping point access thru the hood to jump it

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

If the electronic key does not operate properly If communication between the electronic key and vehicle is interrupted or the electronic key cannot be used because the battery is depleted, the smart access system with push-button start and wireless remote control cannot be used. In such cases, the doors and trunk can be opened and the hybrid system can be started by following the procedure below. Locking and unlocking the doors, unlocking the trunk and key linked functions Use the mechanical key in order to perform the following operations (driver's door only)

1. Locks all the doors 2. Closes the windows and moon roof (turn and hold)* 3. Unlocks the door Turning the key rearward unlocks the driver's door. Turning the key once again unlocks the other doors. 4. Opens the windows and moon roof (turn and hold)* *: This setting must be customized at an authorized Lexus dealer.

Please let me know if that works for you

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I found an answer. thank you

you welcome anytime

Let me know if you need anything else on it , just reply back here & we can continue.

if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you

A 5 Star Positive Rating is Much Apreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician