Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

My Lexus GS300 - 2007 engine start button is not working it

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: My Lexus GS300 - 2007 engine start button is not working it is fine last night
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: this problem happened to me last to weeks, and I have replaced a new battery
JA: Are you fixing your GS300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the Key battery also is replaced, but I can start the engine and I can't close the doors by using the key
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

Hello

this sounds like the key fob has become out of sync with the car

If its a push button start 1st try pressing the metal lexus sign on the key fob against the metal outer ring of the starter button

this should turn the ignition on and resync the fob

if that doesn't work then you'll need the Lexus dealer to reset the 'proximity' computer

this will then allow keys to be accepted into range of the car receiver

Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you