Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Technician
Experience:  Heavy Line Mech-, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.

Abs light on and traction light off and flashing, It abs

Customer Question

Abs light on and traction light off and flashing JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too? Customer: It abs light on. Traction flashing read traction off. I push butten to turn on but nothing happen still flashing JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus? Customer: 1998 es 300 JA: Are you fixing your ES 300 yourself? What have you tried so far? Customer: I change all abs sensor change parking brake shue JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you? Customer: This all start when i change frunt and rare strut and mount

Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 10 days ago.

you need to scan the Vehicle for ALL Trouble Codes
IF the ABS Light is ON, there is an issue with either the ABS System or the Traction Control System
Can be a Wheel Sensor or something more
IF you have replaced Parts, the Trouble Codes need to be Cleared to see if the issue returns
Once the Trouble Codes are read & cleared, any new Trouble Codes should help pinpoint the cause
Many Brake Shops can read the Trouble Codes & give you the Codes if you are going to repair yourself

Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 9 days ago.