Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Have a 2007 Lexus ES 350. Baterry replaced in last year,

Customer Question

Have a 2007 Lexus ES 350. Baterry replaced in last year , both vehicle and key bobs. Today could not access car with key bobs. Was able to manually open the door. Car appeared DOA. Hooked battery charger and intermittent headlights as well as dash lights activate. During this time you can press the start button, however it still will not start. At times that the headlights are not active there is zero response to the start button
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Dash lights activate when the headlights are active. When the headlights are active all appears well and good except it is too weak to start
JA: Are you fixing your ES yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Charging for +/- 3 hours
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Car was last drive about 10 days ago. All seemed fine then
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 5 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

Your battery may be bad and not taking the charge and to blame for all of this. If you have a volt meter you can test the battery. A fully charged battery will have 12.6 volts. With the headlights on a fully charged battery will have about 12.4 volts. Can you check that?

This is my 1st answer of what can be many. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. At the top of your screen is the rating box that you only get to use once. Please make sure to complete the mandatory rating when ready or reply and say "I am pleased with my answer". Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
If that were the case how do you explain that the car is either totally dead or the headlights and dash lights are operable ?

Can you let me know the results of the test I outlined?