FIXITMAN, Master Technician

New 2016 Lexus LS RWD, vibration between 40 and 50 mph, also

New 2016 Lexus LS RWD, vibration between 40 and 50 mph, also between 70 and 80 mph. All tires replaced with Michelins, problem still the same.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me if the car driver fine right after the tires are balanced and then reoccurs shortly?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Problem was evident first time new car was driven off the lot. Car was ordered from Japan, less than 10 miles on it when I drove it for the first time, headed home.

Thank you. Does the entire vehicle vibrate or can it be felt more in the steering? Does it occur if you release the gas pedal.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I can feel it in the steering wheel mainly. I also can reach across and put my hand on the empty passenger seat headrest and feel it there. It is not a jarring vibration, but it is there. We have a 12 year old Lexus LS with 140,000 miles and have an obvious comparison vehicle: no vibration at all: ever. So it is real.As far as the gas pedal, I haven't noticed that point. I believe it is there, one way or the other. I will try it out tomorrow. Final point. It seems more obvious when startup from a cold engine, before everything warms up.

If possible I would really need to know about how it reacts to the gas pedal. It would tell me a lot.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I will let you know this information sometime today, will drive the car and let you know how it responds to the gas pedal.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Well, I drove it a good bit today between 40 and 50, then between 60 and 80.At low speeds above, with a cold start, the vibration clearly was greater when slightly accelerating from 40 to 50. It was less when I took my foot off and coasted. At high speeds it was difficult to tell, but the slight vibration was there. Allowing the car to coast seemed to lead to less vibration, but difficult to tell.This is not a large vibration, just enough to be annoying and certainly not to be present in an expensive car. Thank you for your help. I can answer other questions if you have them. I take the car to Lexus for their 2nd evaluation next Tuesday.

Thank you. It sounds like you either have binding in the drivetrain or you have a programming problem. I have seen the programming be off in the computer and affect things like torque converter lock up which will cause this. Most of the time though it is binding in the drivetrain. I would get the vehicle on an alignment rack and loosen the subframe and the engine and transmission mounts and allow everything to settle and then tighten them up. That should realign everything.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you for your help. Would you like for me to follow up once the car is examined next week?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Again, if you would like to hear what Lexus says and does next week, I will be happy to send that information. Please just let me know. They will work on the car next Thursday, Oct 27th (not Tuesday as I said before)

Definitely. Let me know one you take it in and we can continue from there if needed. I hope that they do not continue to give you the run around.