mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

Having issues starting my car up with the push start i have

Customer Question

Having issues starting my car up with the push start i have a Lexus is(###) ###-####..everything lights up but wont start
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Everything but the engine power s up
JA: Are you fixing your IS 250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took to Lexus dealer, they said they couldn't find a problem with anything
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  mike switzer replied 1 month ago.

may seem like a silly question but you have your foot on the brake while trying to start correct. also what year is your IS

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Of course i do its a Lexus IS250
I took to Lexus dealer and they couldn't find a problem with anything
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
2010.....i found that i am not the only one with this problem. It starts after a couple of tries
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Since I'm waiting on your response i will add to this. I just bought new battery 1 yr ago thinking that was the problem, this doesn't happen all the time but in the last year it has happened about 20 times, and it usually starts up after several tries. The Lexus dealership told me to make sure foot in gas and light green in push start. So when i get in light turns green i put foot in brake everything lights up but car wont start

ok sorry my internet fell out for a bit i apologize. to be honest this is an issue i have seen with toyotas push start system for a while now. if this is an issue for you i would recommend taking your vehicle to the dealer and having them diagnose it from their point. the problem is if it is not currently having an issue at the time of their diag then they will come back and say nothing is wrong. my own tacoma which is a 2016 has had this happen a couple of times. if there is to much radio interference at the time it can interfere with the car picking up the signal from the key fob.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
are you kind of saying its more towards the "fob" problem then it would be engine or something bigger?

yeah it is most likely either a fob issue or the reciever in the car. i would not consider the engine to be having an issue.