Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Hie my air con won't blow out cold air the compressor

Customer Question

Hie my air con won't blow out cold air the compressor engages and checked the refrigerant and its full
JA: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?
Customer: No I just put new tyres last week it's a 2006 Lexus IS 250
JA: Are you fixing your IS 250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything yet just took it to a guy who refills the refrigerant and he said it's full
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I also get fuel smell from the drives side not sure where it's coming from
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 3 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The critical question here is not an arbitrary statement form someone telling you it is full. A set of Air Conditioning gauges are critical to not only properly determining this, but, the same gauges would be critical in addressing the cause of the issue. If the pressure in the system is incorrect (too high or too low), the system will not cool. Assuming that the system IS properly filled, an abnormal reading on the gauges will point to the problem. Most likely, you have a stuck Air conditioning expansion valve. The first thing to do here would be to have all of the refrigerant vacuumed out from the system and a cleaning of the system performed. Then refill and retest. If the expansion valve is indeed the cause, this is a very costly replacement, as the entire dashboard needs to come out. Whoever looks at the vehicle needs to be 100% certain that the expansion valve is the cause. If the pressures are equalized, then, the compressor may not be building pressure. Again, the AC gauges are critical to determining the actual root cause and the proper item addressed to fix it. Guessing on AC systems can get very expensive very fast. One needs to be very certain that what he replaces fixes the issue.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply. Please do confirm that you have received my input. Thanks.