lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus

I ran into a stump that was fairly high off the ground. The

Customer Question

I ran into a stump that was fairly high off the ground. The left front wheel hit it very hard, it was higher than I thought and it jarred the car. From that point on I have had a click in the steering, when I step on the brakes and turn. I had a mechanic drive it and he said don't worry about it. I have had it to the dealer who checked out the front end twice and said all the parts were tight, that it was called brake slippage, that the pad is stamped out thousands of times and over time no longer fits in its place perfectly. Well, I just do not believe that. I feel it in the steering wheel. There is a slight click when I turn corners. And now I am starting to feel engine vibration when stopped. I know something was damaged and it is not readily apparent and being a woman they just don't believe me.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  david craig replied 13 days ago.

Hi Im David. Thank you for visiting the site. If anyone knows your car, its you. before you hit the stump none of this was happening. Therefore something is damaged. The dealer would be the last place to take your vehicle for something like this because it involves work. anything that doesnt include sitting on their butts with a computer hooked up to your car, they dont want to deal with. the brake slippage diagnosis is a joke. that doesnt happen. being that i cannont drive your car or feel or hear or touch anything, my recommendation is to find a small mom and pop shop/garage and have them inspect your vehicle for damage.

Expert:  david craig replied 12 days ago.

do you still need assistance?

Expert:  david craig replied 10 days ago.