sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2016 Lexus ES350 with a blind spot monitor

Customer Question

I have a 2016 Lexus ES350 with a blind spot monitor malfunction. Need assistance.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

If the vehicle is a 2016 as posted remember that the vehicle is under warranty so diagnosing and repairing the issue would be covered at your dealer.

What is the actual problem you're trying to diagnose?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It has been in an accident months back. So its not covered. I'm trying to sort out where the malfunction may be. A wiring diagram of the blind spot monitoring system would be extremely helpful as well.

I'm unable to post material directly from the service information due to copyright but can help as necessary.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm trying to sort out the location of all the blind spot monitoring sensors and the cause point of the problem along with any associated components so I can sort out and repair the problem.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
A blind spot monitoring system malfunction.

I do understand that there is a problem in the blind spot monitoring system but I'm trying to determine the symptoms that you are trying to diagnose.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It does not operate at all. It reads on the dash display "Blind Spot Monitoring System Malfunction"

Do you know if the module will communicate with a scan tool and if so what fault codes have set?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What would the module be under on a Snap On Modis scan tool?

I don't have a Modis to know how exactly how it would be worded but it should say blind spot monitoring or something very similar.