Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

We had a tire replaced and now the check VSC light is on.

Customer Question

We had a tire replaced and now the check VSC light is on. The place that replaced the tire removed one of the sensors. What does this mean? Do we need to immediately need to head to a Lexus dealer?
JA: Do you happen to know the code? Have you tried to reset the computer?
Customer: We don't know how to reset the computer. We haven't even tried any of that.
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 2006 IS 250
JA: Are you fixing your IS 250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We haven't tried anything thus far because this just happened yesterday.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, before this happened the check system light with low pressure symbol was on.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. If the low tire light was on (the one that looks like this: ( ! ) , and the tire pressure was not low, the tire pressure sensor may be bad.

If one of the sensors have been removed from the tires, the light is guaranteed to come on.

The computer on this car cannot be 'reset'; if you have a VSC light on solid when driving, you need to have the ABS/VSC/TRAC system scanned for potential failure codes. It is highly possible that the tire changer damaged something when he replaced your tire.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
we definitely need to take the car to a dealer and have it repaired. Do you have an estimate on the cost?

I cannot tell you the cost without knowing the cause. Normal scan diagnosis is usually up to an hour's worth of labour charges (based on your area). Our scan rate is 95 dollars.

You just might need nothing more than a recalibration; figure an additional 1/2 hour's worth of labor charge.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer