lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus

I have a 1998 Lexus GS300. It starts the stalls. I've

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Lexus GS300. It starts the stalls. I've sprayed starter fluid in the throttle body, I runs until the fluid burns off. There are no codes. I replaced the entire fuel pump and regulator. What am I missing?
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: Idle
JA: Are you fixing your GS300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've installed new spark plugs, fuel filter, fuel pump, fuel regulator, EFi relay. I've test for power from the fuel pump ecu to the pump. Switched fuel ecu's still nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 14 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me if the check engine light was coming on when the engine was running? Did it die on you one day or did it just refuse to start all of a sudden?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The car never stalled while running. The check engine light was not on. After replacing damaged ignition coil wires it started and ran, but was running a little rough. I checked my work and when trying to start it, it wouldn't start.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I disconnected the connectors from the ecu. I was going to replaced the wiring harness for the engine management system. Would that have something to do with it? Will I need to have the key reprogrammed?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Igot it. Cleaned the MAF sensor, it straightened right up