Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lexus Expert

I need to know how to disable the suspension warning light

Customer Question

I need to know how to disable the suspension warning light on a 2004 rx330
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: i am converting from air suspension to standard
JA: What is the model of your '04 Lexus?
Customer: rx330
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: AWD
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have just purchased the standard coil springs and researching how to diable the alarm
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 22 days ago.

Can you shoot me a picture of the panel indicating which warning lights that you want to disable specifically?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I have not done the work yet but fully expect to see warning lights..

I can get you the information that you need but I need to know exactly what warning likes would be staying on depending on what type of work you're doing.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
It would be warning lights for the suspension system. I am converting air suspension to standard coil springs and wish to disconnect the compressor so I expect that the CAN system will raise alarms

Ok standby I will look that up.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
thanks. I assume that the compressor is only for the air suspension and not other components like the rear door

Yes that is correct. Standby

You have a couple of options here first of all you could try and unplugged the 7.5 amp AIR SUS fuse which is located in the instrument panel fuse block on the driver side of the dash. This is the power supply to the air suspension ECU. If that does not work you next option is to disconnect the connectors going to the air suspension ECU click this link and download the illustration showing the location behind the glove box and to the right. The only problem that I can think of that you may run into is whether or not the automatic adjusting headlights may set a code because it doesn't have information from the air suspension ECU as far as height control. That makes a difference on how it adjust the headlights automatically. If disconnecting the connectors to the ECU doesn't work or a Cascades other warning lights your only other option would be to clip the individual wires that go to the ECU that cause those air suspension warning lights to illuminate on the instrument panel. If it comes down to that it gets much more involved in getting the locations and color coding. Let me know how that works and we can go from there.