Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

When starting my 2004 lexus es330 the air compressor squeals

Customer Question

when starting my 2004 lexus es330 the air compressor squeals occasionly then quits, but it works great. how to fix?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

More likely this is going to be the belt causing this noise. The belt could be worn needing to be replaced. The belt could be loose from a worn out spring in the tensioner. There could be a slight oil or coolant leak that is getting onto the belt causing it t slip. Have you checked any of these things? Have you tried cleaning the belt while off by spraying t with brake cleaner to see if that helps?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris