Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

After a flooding My lexus RX 450h start to vibrate shortly,

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: After a flooding My lexus RX 450h start to vibrate shortly, then the steering wheel became rigid I stopped the car then I couldn't start it again check Hibrid system after a while it stopped completely, it woulsn't even light up
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: the dashborad lights they blinked for some time and now nothing even the start button wouldn't work
JA: What year is your RX?
Customer: 2012 RX450h
JA: Are you fixing your RX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing, I bought it used from germany 5 months ago I didn't try anything
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, I got many error messages check steering wheel system check airbag system and check hybrid system
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 25 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
No one helped, if you can I appreciate it.
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 24 days ago.

Are you able to see which codes are stored using a scan tool?

Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 20 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Hello Chris,
I took it to a service guy, the engine didn't report any error code, fuses are ok. I should check the hybrid part.
It still shows check hybrid system and all the other warnings, batterie is dead now.
Is there some kind of protection that locks the hybrid system ? I was thinking about performing a reset (Holding power button for 15s)
What do you think ?

With a dead battery the codes would of been wiped out. I see no problem doing the reset however I do not believe it is going to help. Are yo uable to charge the battery or have it tested since it is dead?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I can charge it or replace it but I don't see how it will do anything, the system will just keep displaying the "check hybrid system" error.

I am going to opt out and let someone else help you. I do not seem to be making any progress for you.