Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

We have a 2009 LS 460L that will not do anything no power,

Customer Question

We have a 2009 LS 460L that will not do anything no power , while the car is in park the steering wheel will not lock trunk and hood would not open we did both manually used the car last night have interstate battery about 1 and 1/2 years old heavy duty No light and no sound
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Consistent nothing happens new battery in key fob
JA: What is the model of your '09 Lexus?
Customer: LS 460 L
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My husband is trying, turn wheel right then left and then start checked battery doesn't see any corrosion pressed shift gear out of park then back wants to know why steering wheel won't lock feel that's important
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Will motor club help
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do you have power to any electronics inside or outside of the vehicle at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No power
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Just curious but have you tried a jump start at all?Even though the battery is newer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We are calling for a jump start thank you anyway Teresa la pella
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Your welcome

It is very possible the battery has died due to a weak battery that failed sooner then it should have or due to a battery drain issue with one or more electronics sticking on in your model causing a battery drain issue.If the jump start allows starting and operation then I would have the battery tested as well as the battery drain to see if there is a drain on the battery from one or more electronics in your model at fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hello I am just checking in with you to see if there is anything else I can help with here?

Let me know,thanks Pete.