Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

I have a 2001 LX 470 that pulled the ECM computer out of for

Customer Question

I have a 2001 LX 470 that pulled the ECM computer out of for troubleshooting. The computer tested fine so I disconnected the battery , reinstalled computer and reconnected the battery. The car won't start now......kind of sounds like the battery is dead or weak but I know it isn't. Is this a reprogramming issue? Is Lexus the only ones who can reprogram?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry for all the typos ! I have an 01 LX 470 and pulled the ECM computer.......
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Removal of the computer and reinstallation would never require reprogramming. I would recommend you recheck your positive and negative battery connections. First, check to see if the headlamps are of the proper brightness when turned on. If they are dim, or dim out when you try to start it, the battery connections are most likely not making good contact, or, the battery is discharged. In any case, if you take the computer out, and then reinstall it, there is never any reprogramming necessary.