Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 years experience in the automotive and Lt truck repair business, owner Cardoctor LLC Guthrie, OK
36867192

Yesterday I changed the battery on my 2007 Lexus IS250. Upon

Customer Question

Yesterday I changed the battery on my 2007 Lexus IS250. Upon connection i realized i had connected the battery wrong. I switched the battery around upon realizing i had connected it wrong. Now that the car battery is connected properly when i try to start it says to depress brake when starting. (assuming we pushed the brake to many times to try and get it started) the dash board does light up but it just turn the dash on and off. the power windows, radio unit and remote are not working. Im guessing i blew a fuse connecting the battery wrong? the car will not go in neutral as i can not press the brake down either.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 7 months ago.

Unfortunately you may have accidentally destroyed the cars computer, the vehicles main computer can not withstand reverse polarity on the battery and there are no fuses to protect against this unfortunate incident. Please rate my service, If you have additional questions I will answer them until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Please rate my service, If you have additional questions I will answer them until you are completely satisfied with my answers.