Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles

I have a 2004 Lexus RX330 with Navigation. Everything worked

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2004 Lexus RX330 with Navigation. Everything worked perfectly until a few weeks ago when the navigation screen went blank. The other screens show and work perfectly but when I click map dest or menu the screen goes blank. The screen still beeps if I push it while it is blank. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can add pictures if needed. The backlight is still on when I reach these blank screens but nothing shows
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Great, thanks

1- You can pull the unit from dash and inspect the electrical connector for any backed out pins not making good contact ,use a flash light to shine in the connector?

2- these nav units is a common problem on RX330 , you can try your luck on ebay for used one , or there is website that you can send them in and they rebuild it for you

3- there is a navigation ECU located in rear , i sent you a diagram location for it ,I would disconnect and inspect connector itself

4- I suggest a lexus scanner or equivalent so you can communicate with nav ecu and retrieve the fault codes, you can tell from the fault retrieved if it is the display or the nav ecu the problem

the problem will be the display or the nav ecu in rear of the wiring is good between them

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back & we will continue

If you are good , kindly rate me.

A Positive rating is much appreciated

This post will stay open for you even after you rate me, for you to come back and ask any follow up question you may have on this issue

Thanks You
Chad Farhat