sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Dash board doesn't light up... just partially, seat setting

Customer Question

dash board doesn't light up... just partially, seat setting buttons don't work and one of my tailights doesn't work... parking light works but break light doesn't... 2003 gs300
JA: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?
Customer: yup bought new bulb
JA: Are you fixing your GS300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just the bulb
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: after a car wash the light that tells you one of your bulbs is out lights up on the dash
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

The dashboard lights are the bulbs that are burned out. Sounds like a few are burned out but not all.

Seat buttons not working could be a fuse, or a wiring problem or the seat motors themselves.

If no brake lights are working, most likely the brake pedal switch, I would double check the bulbs and connectors.

Light on the dash indicating the bulbs out is probably just that a bulb really is burned out.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. If I am not giving you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Seat buttons work... Memory seat buttons don't work
One break light doesn't work, tried new bulb and still didn't work (7443 bulb) works as a parking light but when breaking it doesn't work
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

You need a volt meter to diagnose, check for power at the brake light when the pedal is pushed.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Do you have a volt meter and a wiring diagram?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

This is going to be tough to diagnose without doing any tests.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
tailight out indicator light on the dash only comes on after a car wash
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sometimes the right side of the speedometer doesn't light up as bright as the left side
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?