Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.

The passenger window suddenly went off track while closing

Customer Question

the passenger window suddenly went off track while closing the window. is this a fix that has to be completed by a lexus dealer? 2008 IS 250 AWD
JA: Are you fixing your IS 250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We might try to fix or our mechanic. The lexus dealer we use is a*****and would like to fix without that drive.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It moves around, and we got it rolled up, but slips out of place slightly, allow for air flow and easily would not roll up correctly.
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: it just happen 2 days ago, it is about 150K
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

This sounds like an issue for the power window regulator. Usually when they fail the window can be moved against the pressure of the power window motor itself. This is geared so you can't move the window without using the motor. When the regulator breaks, then it's not a problem to move the window.

A regular mechanic should be able to do this repair for you, so the dealer isn't required. If you would like to remove the door panel and do the repair yourself, please let me know and I will see if I can locate instructions for you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Also, please remember to rate my answer.
Thanks so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

Hadn't hear back from you on this and I was wondering if you need further assistance with this?