Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles

96 Lexus GS300. A/c is cold when set at 65. once you turn

Customer Question

96 Lexus GS300. A/c is cold when set at 65. once you turn the knob to 66 the actuator goes all the way to heat instead of incrementally moving. Going through the test in Alldata indicates that this is a control unit issue. replaced with a used one, since the part is discontinued through Lexus. Same problem. Could this be some sort of calibration issue? The test say the control module again but I think it is probably something else since it has the exact same issue. Can the actuator be malfunctioning?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

The actuator is just a slave components ,commanded buy the ac module . It want move by itself

1-you either have a Bad used ac dash unit ( I Recommend rebuilding it, or Replace with a known good one.)

2-Look at the connector of the ac dash unit for any backed out pins not making a good contact , spray electrical contact cleaner on it

3-also get the Mode door actuator and check the electrical connector on it as well .

Let me know if you need anything else on it , just reply back here & we can continue.

if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you

A 5 Star Positive Rating is Much Apreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician