sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have a 2006 RX400H, and warning light of "check vsc

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2006 RX400H, and warning light of "check vsc ststem" and "check hybrid system" show up today morning. Also the car is lock down. After that, I try to restart the car by plug out the key, and plug in to start engine. The light of "check vsc ststem" is gone, but "check hybrid system" is still lighing. After I went to safety place and restart again, the warning light of "check hybrid system" is gone too. It seems back to normal. Can you please to give me any advised
JA: Do you happen to know the code? Have you tried to reset the computer?
Customer: No, I dont know the error code
JA: What is the model of your '06 Lexus?
Customer: RX400H
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I try to restart the car and the warning light is gone
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can you please to give me any advised on that problem
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

These warnings were displayed because failures were seen by the respective modules and fault codes had set. You may have quite a few different things going on and electrical testing would need to be done at the time the problem is happening to determine the exact cause. It's possible that you could have had a communication bus or power distribution issue, but there may have been a failure in a hybrid system component also such as the transmission, inverter, it could even be a loss of isolation issue.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool to see what fault codes had set in all modules.