Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

My Lexus es350 vsc light and a few lights came on while I

Customer Question

My Lexus es350 vsc light and a few lights came on while I was driving and now it will not start
JA: Do you happen to know the code? Have you tried to reset the computer?
Customer: No a bunch of lights and the vsc warning came on and now it will not start. It just clicks when I try to start it. So I can't make it anywhere to find out a code
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 2007 es 350
JA: Are you fixing your ES yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing, it won't start. Just trying to figure out what the problem is and if there is anything I can do to get it to start.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing I can think of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Once I had turned the car off it would not start up again, just made clicking noises when I tried to start it
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. I will attach the phone call screen for your authorization. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just.message me please not want

No problem.

Based on your explanation of the problem, I am inclined to believe that you have an internal issue with your alternator, or, the alternator belt is loose. Either condition can cause the dash lights to come on. Also, either condition will not allow the alternator to keep a sufficient charge in the battery. The end result is a series of clicks when the battery is discharged. This is because there is not enough voltage in the battery to satisfy the high current demand that the starter motor requires to spin the motor over. If this car was in my shop, I would be looking for a loose drive belt, and, if not finding that issue present, I would be performing an output voltage and amperage test of the alternator. This alternator needs to produce 14.4 volts DC at idle and at least 60 amps under load. You most likely need a new alternator. Do you have any questions on my estimation of your request? Thanks

Please confirm that you have received my input; thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I received it

Thank you. Do you have any questions?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, I dont think so

If you are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer