Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician qualified to work on all makes and models.
3827149

Car alarm went off car wont start how to get it started

Customer Question

Car alarm went off car wont start how to get it started forgot procedure of turning key in door and did it a few times maybe did it wrong
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Try locking and unlocking the trunk with the key and see if this works to reset it.If this does not work let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I unlocked trunk and turned key from lock to unlock 3x but still didnt start may be need to disconnect cable from battery again but alarm will go off when i connect it again it started last time that way awhile back
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Have you tried to lock and unlock with a remote or the interior buttons or tried to put the key in the ignition and turn it on to see if the alarm then stops?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No remote is broken used key
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I put the key in and then alarm goes off
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

O.k.,unfortunately my info is not showing another way besides the remote to disarm this here.In some cases a new remote is needed to do this.If you would like I can open your question for others here to see if they can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No u folks helped me without remte so how many times in door procedure to start car
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Unfortunately I do not show this info myself here but others here may be able to help.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Tom replied 8 months ago.

Different expert here did you still need assistance ?