Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have GS300 and I need to Zero point calibration, because I

Customer Question

I have GS300 and I need to Zero point calibration, because I have the ABS and VSC Off light came on. But my OBD II connector has only 4 slots munbers 4. 5. 7. 16. Also all 4 windows can't go down or up with the bottoms, but when i use my key to turn lock and unluck they are goes down or up. Any idea?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

I need the brand and model number of your Scan tool you are using to see if it is capable of doing the calibration procedure.

Please remember that I am not there and therefore may need to ask for more information at times

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't have the scanner. Which one you recommend for me to buy.
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

HI,

Ok, I just re-read your post. There is a 2nd data link connector which is located in the engine compartment - see attached- this is the one you do the zero calibration at, not the one under the dash.

Shift the lever in P position and turn the ignition switch ON, repeat connecting and releasing Ts and E1 terminals of DLC1 four times or more for eight secs After that do not move the vehicle for 15 secs. or more.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What is the whole step to calibrate?
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

HI,

That is the whole calibration process

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did that, the light still come on
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

Ok, that means that there is a fault in either stability control or abs system, usually a component failure

We need to retrieve the fault codes. At the same Data link connector in the engine compartment, you will use a jumper wire between E1 and Tc pins and turn key to on position and read the flashes of the vsc warning light to get the codes - see attachment

do this and let me know the code numbers

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
VSC 34. ABS 25
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's wrong, it it VSC 43
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

HI,

Ok, give me a few minutes to look these up

Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

Ok, the abs 25 code is for the hydraulic brake booster. Most likely the booster is faulty, but may be a short in the wiring harness, so we need to do the test I have attached for you.

VSC code 43 is for malfunction in the deceleration sensor, which is either a faulty sensor or faulty abs/vsc control module. Unfortunately the only testing for this code REQUIRES a Lexus dealer level scan tool.

Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.