Pedro Goncalves
Pedro Goncalves,
Experience:  Licensed Master/Hybrid Technician at Mendes Motors

The vsc check engine lights on, stays on, 2008 Lexus ES350,

Customer Question

the vsc check engine lights on
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: stays on
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 2008 Lexus ES350
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes fixing ourselves. also have squeaking in front of engine like a belt.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pedro Goncalves replied 1 month ago.

Hi there. I'm Peter and I'm a Master Tech. I will be trying to help you with your question.

Your VSC and Check Engine Light are on. I see you would like to fix the problem yourselves? Do you have a code scanner?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Disclaimer:Thank you for the opportunity. I love helping people fix their cars and saving them money. Please keep in mind that most problems will require some diagnosis to get them sorted out. I will be here to help until you are satisfied.If you do not plan to rate my response please let me know as soon as possible. As an expert on Just Answer I only get paid for my service here based on positive ratings from you, the customer. If you do not plan to rate, and therefore compensate me for my time, I need to focus my efforts on customers who will.Also, JustAnswer might send a message asking if you would like to speak via phone for an additional fee. That request is automated and not generated by me. We can communicate however you feel most comfortable.

Without the code scanner knowing where the problem is to fix it is impossible.

I can recommend to disconnect the battery for about 15 minutes. Simply disconnect the negative cable and then reinstall. The light should go out. If they come back diagnosing with a code scanner will be required.

Please, check all fuses in the engine compartment and inside the vehicle on the driver's side.

Unfortunately, there's nothing else I can say.

I hope I was helpful. Thank you!

Please, don't forget to rate me.