Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

My key fob batter is dead, AND when I put it on the start

Customer Question

My key fob batter is dead, AND when I put it on the start key and push down the break, it still doesn't work. That trick is supposed to work even if there is no battery in the fob at all. So I'm not sure what's going on?
JA: Have you double-checked to make sure the positive and negative signs are lined up correctly?
Customer: No. Not sure what that means. Where are the positive and negative signs?
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: IS(###) ###-####
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Just me. Tried to start the car by putting the key fob up to the start button and I'm pushing the break down when I go it. This usually works, not sure why its not now.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is anyone there?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can someone email on this?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you call me at(###) ###-####or give me a number to call.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I dont see this procedure myself when the battery dies.Usually the battery needs replaced to correct this fault here.If you have replaced it in the key fob and the issue still persists or you know for sure it is suppose to work even with a dead battery I suspect that the key fob itself is at fault internally needing replaced.I have seen this fail before needing replaced for this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete