lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus

What does it take to make this 2001 lexus gs 300 driveable

Customer Question

What does it take to make this 2001 lexus gs 300 driveable in winter snow drove it in 2 winters and have gotten stuck many times. 1" snow in my level driveway is a chalange. My current tires are still workable for summer but another winter is out of the question for theses tires. Thinking about getting a set of dedicated snow tires and an extra set of steel wheels for winter driveing. Not sure if the best all season tire will be good enough with the current alloy wheels. On a tight budget but need to make this car drivable in winter. Dont want to buy all season tires on current wheels if if cant perform safely I would loved to hear advice on this subject. I have been doing a lot of reserch on snow tires. From my current experence I am thinking all season isnt going good enough. I absoulty love this car in spring, summer, and fall but dread winter. My 13 year old 2001 Lexus drives and runns better than my 2001 chevy Impala when my Impala was brand new.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 month ago.

What is the tire size you have on there now?