lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

Had to replace battery afterwards the engine started to miss

Customer Question

had to replace battery afterwards the engine started to miss and run bad when under load the the engine light came on I checked codes and p0753 p0758 came up
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: it was just on
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 1999 es300 my son went on a vacation and the battery was dead so he jumped it and thought it was ok but left him strander and put new battery in and started to miss and run bad
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just read codes said shft solenoid was falty 2 of them kinda strange and trans fluid is clean and full
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: ive been researching it and found I may have to pull valve body out to repace these
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 2 months ago.

At any time you know whether or not he may have installed battery backwards or hope the jumper cables up backwards reversing the polarity? If you clear these codes do both of them come back right away?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I get back I'm working a lot I'm going to do check that double-check it clear the codes see if they come back check the fusible link coming out the battery make sure that my son didn't jump it backwards and maybe that caused the problem because he jumped it a few times before they put the battery in

Ok let me know how it goes.