Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer

My battery died in my 2006 gs 300 I replaced the battery and

Customer Question

My battery died in my 2006 gs 300 I replaced the battery and now my car won't do anything
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: I bought a brand new battery
JA: Are you fixing your GS 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I got up this morning car wouldn't start so I got a jump office it started back. Went and bought a brand new battery and now it won't do anything after I installed the new batter.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all I have
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you.Just to get a clear picture of this You said the new battery would not do anything and you had to jump it to start it? Is that correct and it ran with that battery in it? and you tried another one that done the same?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I jumped the old battery and it started so I bought a new battery installed and it won't say anything at all now

Oh thanx for clarifying that for me. Question when jumped did you notice if it was jumped backwards ? be cause if it was even briefly it may have blown the main fuse in the fuse block under the hood. I'll see if I can get some pics to help locate that for you . it will be under the hood

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay thanks. I figured it was either the way we disconnected the battery or the way it was jumped off

ok I found the unit you need to check and it will be in one of the two fuse blocks under the hood I would suspect the one closer the battery. if it's blown you have to replace it cost about 90-$120 hope this helps you and If you rquire futher assistance I;ll be happy to do so.