Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a GX 460, 2012 and the ride is very bouncy, my tires

Customer Question

i have a GX 460, 2012 and the ride is very bouncy
JA: Are you fixing your GX 460 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: my tires were changed last month
JA: Have you ever changed a tire on this vehicle?
Customer: the bouncy ride started with 2 weeks after changing the tires
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i went to the mechanic last week to check the problem , he told that pressure inside the tires was double! when he reduce the pressure to the normal level it was ok dor a week then started to bounce a gain
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Is the bounce like a fast vibration or like the car has hit a bump keeps bouncing, or like it does not handle potholes well?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hi Chris, bounces like a trampoline even if the road has very slight humps, i feel that there is something at the rear side
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
when having potholes it does bounce alotttt

As long as the correct size tires, the correct load rating tires are on the vehicle and the pressure is set correct. Then I would look into one or more shocks/struts that have either worn out ad or have failed. If your model has air suspension, make sure its is controlling the ride height correct and its not sitting to high from overfilled air bags from a height adjuster reading incorrect.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.