Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

We have a 2006 lx 470 - the key won't turn in the ignition &

Customer Question

We have a 2006 lx 470 - the key won't turn in the ignition & the wheel is locked
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: Wheel is locked and key dies not move. Not when or damaged
JA: Are you fixing your LX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We were leaving to go to dinner & it wouldn't let us turn the key to start
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Sometimes the driver leaves the wheels turned when shutting the vehicle off and or uses the steering wheel to help enter and exit the vehicle and this locks the steering wheel. If you can not turn it aggressive to get it unlocked by turning the key. Then set the parking brake and raise both front wheels off the ground and try again. If that to fails then this is going to be the ignition cylinder tumblers worn and damaged and needing replaced.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris