Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

Lexus Ls460 C1591 C1593, 2007 Ls 460, i am mechanic,i work

Customer Question

Lexus Ls460 C1591 C1593
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 2007 Ls 460
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i am mechanic,i work on toyotas,the Toyota dealer said the problem is the gear after the costumer call me up,i replaced the gear for one used one but same trouble codes.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: C1591 and C1595,i did the calibartion,but the calibration is not ran over.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Sorry C1591 and C1593
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I try to the VGRS calibration,the procedure started but never ran over becuase trouble code in the system.
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. I f the trouble codes are still present that's what prevents you from calibrate it. I'll send you a couple links to show you step by step the procedure to clear code and calibrate. hope this helps you. First to remove the stored codes, https://techinfo.toyota.com/t3Portal/document/rm/RM07R0U/xhtml/RM000000XO700HX.html?sisuffix=ff&locale=en&siid=1472702548879#RM000000XO700HX next to calibrate https://techinfo.toyota.com/t3Portal/document/rm/RM07R0U/xhtml/RM000000XOA00HX.html?sisuffix=ff&locale=en&siid=1472702420259

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thank you but not worked,unfortunetly.
any recall or something with the vgrs system malfunction.

if your a Toyota tech then you must know of the campaign we had on certain models with the steering mogul under the dash on the steering shaft housing and if there is the same campaign on that particular Lexus I really don't know my friend but worth looking into I just retired from being a Toyota master tech this Feb and no longer have accessibility to that info. If they do that would explain why you can't program it. Perhaps Ill opt out so maybe another expert with more Lexus experience may be able to assist you better. good luck.