Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Lexus Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Lexus Diagnostics
18617752

The abs vsc lights are on. I have changed all rotors,pads

Customer Question

The abs vsc lights are on. I have changed all rotors,pads and the rear calipers wondering what else could be causing this
JA: Do you happen to know the code? Have you tried to reset the computer?
Customer: Yes I Reset the computer but the lights chime right back on
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 2006 gs430
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I only changed the rotors, pads, and two real calipers
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Ron Z and I'll be helping you with your question today. Unfortunately, there is no easy, 1-answer, "it's this..." type of answer here. When the ABS and VSC lights are lit, there is a problem with one of the sensors that these systems share. Unfortunately, there are dozens of sensors that are used for both systems. A very common fail item here is a Wheel Speed Sensor. There is one of these for each wheel. The outputs from these sensors are used in both ABS and Vehicle Stability. So, this would be the best place to start. Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness to each sensor for any loose, broken or damaged wires. Inspect the tone-ring that the sensors read and make sure there are no missing teeth or debris that may be blocking the signal to the sensor. If there is nothing visual that stands out, then at this point we'll need the Diagnostic Trouble codes. These codes will more accurately and efficiently point us in the direction of the part or sensor that has the fault and from there the correct repair can be made. SOME local parts stores, like AutoZone, will have the correct scan-tool to read these codes. If you can find one that does, they will do so for Free (except in California). If you cannot find a parts store to read the codes, then unfortunately, a shop will be needed. Again, sorry I could not be more specific, but like I say, too many parts and sensors shared to take a guess and be correct. If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for answering your question.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open and you did not leave a rating , so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this issue? Did you have any other questions? Was there something I missed that you wanted addressed? If you have no further questions and simply forgot to leave a rating, please take a second and use the stars at the top of the page to rate our Q&A session. Thank-you!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

..

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I got it fixed thank you
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

Excellent! Glad to hear! It'd help me a ton if you could leave a rating using the stars at the top of the page! Have a great weekend!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

..