lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus

I have a 2000 Lexus 300 ES (Toyota). I, stupidly, had the

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Lexus 300 ES (Toyota). I, stupidly, had the jumper cables reversed on the Lexus battery. Figured it out did it correctly. Car started but would not stay running after I removed the cables. I figured the battery was bad and replaced it. The car starts fine but I have no dash lights, no radio, no climate, etc. The car will not shift out of park. I figured I have blown some kind of master fuse but can't figure out which it is. Any ideas? Thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  scionking replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer my name is***** you still need assistance with this, I see you posted this a few hours ago?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
From the research I have done, I think the 100 amp ALT fuse needs to be replaced. If so, is that something NAPA or O'Rielly's would carry and can I do it myself... being a relative novice? Or am I better off just having it towed to my mechanic? And if so, how do I release it out of park to roll it since it won't shift.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I decided to just have to towed to my mechanic and pay the price for my stupidity. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  scionking replied 1 month ago.

Sorry to here you no longer need this service, I have sent it to the moderators for a refund. Thank you for trying Just Answer.