Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 years experience in the automotive and Lt truck repair business, owner Cardoctor LLC Guthrie, OK
36867192

2003 es300. Have had 6 batteries since purchase in 2005.

Customer Question

2003 es300. Have had 6 batteries since purchase in 2005. Right now battery is dead. This seem to be an on-going problem. Had alternator replaced . Do not drive much as I should but do not think this is the problem. Hv had car checked for electrical drain and could not find that that was the problem. Any resolution to this problem?
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: No to both. This battery ws put in middle of Feb,2016.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not repairing myself. Last mechanic told me it was because I had lights on AUTO so after use I make sure everything is OFF.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Re AUTO light. in ON position: Does the sensor for this function ever have to have fuse replaced and could this be my battery dead problem?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 3 months ago.

Most likely there is a computer module or relay that is causing a parasitic load, Most technicians do not have the proper equipment to test for this issue, take your vehicle to an automotive electrical specialty shop that has a battery shunt device to check it properly for a parasitic load draining the battery. Please Rate my answer, if you have further questions I will answer them, as well until you are completely satisfied with my answers.