I have an 07 Lexus RX350 and I got this "Check Air

Customer Question

I have an 07 Lexus RX350 and I got this "Check Air Conditioner Connection" error message on my touch screen unit and the HVAC is not operable at all. I believe I need to replace the A/C Amp but I was wondering after reading a previous post of yours if I could use an A/C Amplifier from an '08 or '09 RX350 or would that require me to have the replacement part re-programmed for my 2007 RX350?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  scionking replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer, my name is Stephen.

The part number for the A/C amplifier that you are looking for is 88650–0E021. This part number was also used in the 2008 and 2009 RX350 that were built in North America. Look for this by the part number online, not by the vehicle. It is a plug and play module so no programming is needed.

If I have answered your question please be so kind as to accept my answer and rate the level of service provided. If you have any follow up questions I'd be more than happy to help. Thank you for using Just Answer

Expert:  scionking replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  scionking replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  scionking replied 1 month ago.

I believe I provided the information you requested???

Expert:  scionking replied 1 month ago.

Please accept my answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks. I ordered that P/N from someone on eBay. It should arrive next Tuesday. After I replace it I'll make another update post.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just wanted to verify your answer. Let me re-phrase my question. When I replaced the A/C amplifier (88650–0E021) I still got the same error message "Check Air Conditioner Connection". One thing I did forget to tell you initially was that when I turn the vehicle ON, the 7.5A HEATER fuse always trips after a little bit of time running (see attachment file pic).
The touch screen temperature controls appear for that short time but then the "Check Air Conditioner Connection" message appears again. At that point I check the HEATER fuse under the steering wheel and it is blown. All the other fuses seem to be fine and the other dashboard buttons still work (i.e. Radio, etc.).
But why does the HEATER fuse keep tripping which then results in the "Check Air Conditioner Connection" message.
Even after replacing the A/C Amplifier (and making sure that the identifying part numbers stamped on the new part matched exactly the part numbers on the module I removed) the HVAC system keeps blowing that same 7.5A fuse and displaying that dreaded error message.