virtual auto tech.
virtual auto tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 13 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop

Morning, I have a 2002 RX300 that is pulling codes of random

Customer Question

morning, I have a 2002 RX300 that is pulling codes of random misfire in cylinders 1,3,5.also too lean bank 2 and finally lack of H02521 switch adaptive fuel at limit.Runs rough and lack of power,VSC and engine light is ran fine the day before any thoughts? Thanks
JA: Do you happen to know the code? Have you tried to reset the computer?
Customer: PO300,PO174,and P1150 and I have not tried anything yet.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fix myself if possible. Trailered car home yesterday have not tried anything yet.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No problems day before car was running fine. 145,000 miles on car.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  virtual auto tech. replied 2 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So it sounds like bank 1 cat may have clogged up completely or melted down. Try removing the upper o2 sensor on bank 1 and run it. See if it runs any better. If it does the cat is clogged/melted.Let me know what happensI strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.