lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

Cargo door does not open. i managed to remove the inner

Customer Question

cargo door does not open. i managed to remove the inner panels and gain access inside. i cant seem to open door manually. there is a lever that i tried to move up hoping to open but it seem to be stuck, like in locked position.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: it's been like that for a year and i finally got tired of it i figured i do something about it
JA: What year is your Cargo?
Customer: 2003 gx470
JA: Are you fixing your Cargo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes fixing myself. so far i removed the inner panels and have acces of the latch from inside. trying to open the door manually form inside
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats all
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I still need help. Like I posted before, I have access from inside the vehicles of the actuator assembly, however unable to manually open the cargo door from within. If I can manually open, my plan is to replace the actuator. The cable seem to have been pulled to its max and it's not retracting. The lever on the actuator itself which is on down position maybe lock position is immovable. I tried to pry it up with a long screw driver unsuccessfully. Is there a way to manually open the cargo door from inside?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Nevermind I was able to open it after tugging and pulling and working a long screw driver in the assembly.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank for responding. Although you did not really answer my question and did not really help me. Is there a way I can get my money back?

Glad you got it resolved.