Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer

Code p0750, car stalls in 1st gear when moving off from a

Customer Question

Code p0750, car stalls in 1st gear when moving off from a light or if I stop in traffic
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: Says I need shift solenoid A
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 2001 Gs 300
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not fixing it myself, had the transmission flushed last week . Drove fine for 4 days then started acting up again
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No that's it
Category: Lexus
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

Hi Im David,

I constantly hear the debate as to whether transmission flush procedures can be harmful to a vehicle and is a transmission flush good or bad for your automobile. While many mechanics and experts agree that having a clean transmission will extend the life of a transmission, it is thought by some that the flushing procedure , which forces liquid back into the transmission in the opposite way of the normal fluid flow, could potentially damage components or block tight passageways. When fluid is forcefully pushed back into the transmission, chunks of debris can be dislodged and possibly block narrow channels or one-way valves. When new fluid is put back in, these blockages can inhibit the normal flow of fluid through the transmission causing lubrication issues.

Its very possible this happened to your vehicle and the shift solenoid got blockage from the debris in the old fluid.

any update?

Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. Yes that code is for a shift solenoid and can cause what your experiencing . Common Problems That Trigger the P0750 Code

• Defective Shift Solenoid
    • Defective Shift Solenoid wiring or connector
    • Defective Valve Body
    • Dirty transmission fluid that restricts the hydraulic passages what you can have the shop do is an active test wit ha scanner on the transmission , that will indicate which solenoid is acting up Hope this helps your direction and if you require further assistance I'll be happy to do so.