Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 years experience in the automotive and Lt truck repair business, owner Cardoctor LLC Guthrie, OK
36867192

The passenger side headlight is burned out in my 2006 Lexus

Customer Question

The passenger side headlight is burned out in my 2006 Lexus gs. As a single mom, is this something I can replace myself or should I just spend the money (put it on my card!!) and let a dealership do it?
JA: What is the model of your '06 Lexus?
Customer: 300
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't really have the money to pay someone - so I'd like to fix it myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I haven't tried anything because it's so sealed up in there.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 3 months ago.

This is very difficult to do without removing the headlight assembly, the biggest key is you can not touch the bulb without gloves on your hands, there is very little room, so you will have to remove some things, but easiest if you remove the headlight assembly ,change the bulb and then reinstall the headlight. Probably best to let someone like Pep Boys or Firestone replace it for you, will be less expensive than the dealer. Please accept my answer, if you have any further questions I will answer them until you are completely satisfied with my answers.