Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

2005 es330, the cd player does error 3, and this is the

Customer Question

2005 es330
JA: What are all the symptoms you've noticed (e.g. noises, leaks, flashing lights, error codes)?
Customer: the cd player does error 3
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: and this is the second time it has happened. My dad has a full scanner but Ive been working too much for him to see
JA: Are you fixing your E430 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: and its over 200 thousand
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Im just curious why it comes up with error 3 when it has happened before then when I pressed eject later on after work it worked just fine. im unsure if I should let it wait. But I have to because I have another 7 hours before I get off of work
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The error 3 indicates a fault with a stuck disc or a disc with an after market label on it that is causing an issue in the cd player and needs to be left out completely or an issue with the eject mechanism in the cd drive itself.I have seen all 3 cause this error and issue and can be intermittent in some cases like this here.The cd player/changer usually needs removed and repaired by an authorized repair center or removed and replaced to correct this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete