Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 years experience in the automotive and Lt truck repair business, owner Cardoctor LLC Guthrie, OK

LS430 2002 150,000 mi strong gas smell from front of car,

Customer Question

LS430 2002 150,000 mi strong gas smell from front of car
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: starts ok
JA: Are you fixing your LW300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ls 430 have had it at 2 diff repair shop they cant find anything and it did leak fuel one time on the right front
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 2 months ago.

This issue is most likely a leaking fuel injector oring seal or injector itself, can be verified with fuel pressure guage,with guage hooked into fuel rail, key on key off key on key off ,then pressure should hold and not dissipate over 5 mins time,if it does dissipate then use a very bright pen light flashlight in a closed garage with lights off and inspect fuel rail and injectors for wetness,also check front and rear of intake manifold,as could also be a leaking fuel line or hose. DO NOT DRIVE THIS VEHICLE until it is repaired as it is a SEVERE FIRE HAZARD. Please accept my answer, if you have any further questions I will answer them until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what about the fuel dampers

it is possible the fuel leak can be anywhere in the fuel system ,it must be inspected from the fuel tank to the engine.