Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.

I have a lexus es300 with a good battery, reading 12.4

Customer Question

I have a lexus es300 with a good battery, reading 12.4 volts, and when I try to start it, there is only a very faint clicking noise coming from what sounds like the fuse box. Definitely not the starter solenoid clicking.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

fitting a single or double fan largely depends on how much space you have on the radiator

as a large square radiator will work with a single fan thats tall enough to fill the radiator form top to bottom

as the original fitting was a single fan and you have an existing shroud to suit this

So fan displacement is largely influenced by the fan's diameter and how many blades it has and how fast it turns

so if you fit an electric fan of the same diameter as the existing unit, it will suit

this should work out to a 14 or 15" diameter fan and yes you remove the hydraulic pump and if you desire you can fit a variable conrol unit to switch between high and low fan speeds at a couple of different coolant temperatures

this site details the conversion

and this site sells a number of fans which can help

Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you