Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

I got 2006 Lexus GS 300 have problem with alternator doesn't

Customer Question

Hey there I got 2006 Lexus GS 300 have problem with alternator doesn't charge my battery replaced the alternator check fuses everything good that still doesn't work Can you help me with that problem
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 2 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Please allow me to ask if you had the new alternator tested for voltage and amperage output. This would be critical. The output voltage should be 14.4 volts DC and at least 60 amps. If either of those specifications are not met, the battery will not charge. This is a very common thing we see these days on low cost 'parts store' replacement alternators. The quality of the rebuilds are poor. You might just have a faulty alternator. The recommendation I have for you on your request is to have the alternator output tested (on the car, not on a test bench). Determine the output voltage and amperage; we will proceed from there.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Look what happened my fuel pump died I replace the pump I also replaced Idler pulley and I have this problem
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I also have all these lights become on
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I test the alternator it is working that's the code I have

B-2281 has nothing to do with the alternator output. B-2281 indicates some type of issue with the connection between the computer and the shift lock control computer. The actual verbiage form the service manual is as follows: DTC B2281 is output when there is an abnormal circuit between the main body ECU and the shift lock control ECU.

If all of the fuses are good, you have a faulty alternator.