Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lexus Expert
8257649

My 2011 gs350 has lost all power and parked in a garage with

Customer Question

my 2011 gs350 has lost all power and parked in a garage with minimum overhead clearance but close to an exit. How can I unlock the steering and transmission to put it in neutral and push the car out of the garage to have it towed to the dealer?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 4 months ago.

You will not be able to move the steering wheel. There is no power to the car the steering lock will stay engaged. Provided the wheel is reasonably straight the illustration above there is a shift lock override button that will allow you to get it out of park. Use a small screwdriver pop the cover seen in the illustration at the red arrow and use the screwdriver to push down on the shift lock override this will allow you to get it out of the park. At that point that you can roll it straight back to get jumper cables to it to power up the system. Please do not forget to rate the information that I provided you at three or higher and if you need any additional assistance feel free to reply and I will get back to you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is not the proper illustration for the 2011 GS350, I hope the shift lock override is located as shown. Unfortunately the battery is not dead so jumping is likely not an option. The power loss appears to be a computer or power panel issue. Thanks for the advice.

Does the instrument panel light up when you push the power button? Does the engine crank over?

The picture should be right. Here is an excerpt from your owners manual. Please do not forget to rate the assistance that I provided you at three or higher and if you need additional input feel free to reply and I will get back to you.