Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

2002 SC430 convertible top stopped working. Wondering if I

Customer Question

2002 SC430 convertible top stopped working. Wondering if I accidentally tripped the valet switch but I don't know where it is located?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just googling the topic. Would like to fix myself if not to complicated.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not at this point.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

First check and make sure all fuses are good in all fuse panels.If any fuses are blown the affected fuses will need replaced to correct this fault here.If all fuses are checked and found to be o.k. this may be a fault with a faulty micro switch needing replaced.This model uses switches/sensors to tell the computer what position the top is in.If one or more fail this issue occurs.This will have to be checked into/diagnosed further to pinpoint and repair the cause.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete